Food Safety Infosheet Highlights:
– Tornados and storms can cause power outages and lead to food safety concerns
– With the door closed, food in most freezers will stay below 41° F for up to 3 days.
– Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to maintain the cold temperature.
– You can safely re-freeze foods that still contain ice crystals or that have been kept at 41° F or below.
– Certain foods such as condiments, jams and jellies and breads will not be at risk for pathogen growth if not refrigerated.
Click here to download this food safety infosheet.